Here are a few positions we'll be filling next semester.
- Without designers, the publication couldn’t reach its final form. Be prepared for a heavy time commitment in the Spring semester for the two weeks before we go to print. Along the way, you’ll have to turn out several smaller promotional designs—invitations, posters, bookmarks—with shorter turnaround times.
- Proficiency in InDesign at least, possibly in Photoshop and other design tools.
- Know (or be prepared to learn) how to work with a large team to develop designs around a publication identity.
- The webmaster is responsible for all updates to the Asterreview.com WordPress site, with free range to propose improvements and developments.
- Proficiency in WordPress required; working knowledge of HTML and CSS also useful.
- Should have a strong interest in good web design. A good webmaster is in the habit of keeping up with other publication websites, can identify fleeting and enduring trends, and is eager to keep The Aster’s site on the forward edge.
If you love writing about local arts happenings, stay tuned—as we're building out The Aster Online, we'll be looking for more regular and timely submissions.